The Bavarian State Collection for Palaeontology and Geology offers a range of services for the public and schools:
- Exhibitions, guided tours and events at the Palaeontological Museum and the Geological Museum.
- Open day: Every one to two years, we open the doors to our collection rooms and laboratories to the public. There is a wide range of comprehensive scientific tours, lectures and demonstrations. The date is always announced in the press and on our homepage.
- Lectures: State Collection and sponsoring associations hold series of lectures on scientific topics.
- Popular science brochures and postcards.
- School projects and further training for teachers: The BSPG is involved in the project “School Laboratory Bavaria” and offers courses, lectures and excursions within this framework. For further information see www.slb.bayern.de
- Mobile Exhibitions: Some of our temporary exhibitions can be loaned to schools and museums for a limited period of time.
- Advice and support for the media (daily press, radio, television) on palaeontological and geological topics.
- Each year, we participate in the “Lange Nacht der Münchner Museen”.